In many cases, those that complete more intensive mental health treatment require some additional assistance so as to ensure lasting healing and recovery. At MeadowWood Behavioral Health System, we understand this need and have designed less restrictive care that can provide adolescents, adults, and senior adults with the necessary tools for living an emotionally and physically well life.
Our Partial Hospitalization Day Programs are intended to help adolescents, adults, and senior adults who require psychiatric stabilization services minus the intensity involved in inpatient care. These programs, of which include specialized services for adolescents and another for adults, hold services Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am until 2:30 pm and provide patients with breakfast and lunch. Additionally, MeadowWood will provide transportation for patients so as to eliminate distance as an obstacle for engaging in such treatment.
Once admitted into the Partial Hospitalization Day Program, patients will be able to partake in a number of therapeutic interventions. The following treatment modalism and methods for care are a cornerstone to this program:
- Group therapy is the primary method of care in this program and allows patients to receive beneficial support from peers and a place to practice coping skills that have been learned and refined during the course of treatment.
- Individual therapy is offered on an as needed basis and is incorporated if it is deemed appropriate for a patient’s care.
- Family therapy, while not offered regularly, is always encouraged.
- Meetings with a social worker and assigned treatment team can take place to address any concerns or pressing treatment needs.
- Sessions with one of our experienced psychiatrists occur two times per week to assess medication needs, prescribe medications, and to monitor the effectiveness of any medications included in a patient’s treatment plan.
Our qualified and highly trained staff, which includes therapists, nurses, certified alcohol and drug counselors, and utilization managers, oversee these services and afford every patient with compassionate and ongoing support.
A benefit of this less restrictive treatment is that patients are permitted to return home at the end of the day so that they are able to maintain relationships with those closest to them. It is the goal of this program to help patients continue the healing and recovery process as patients make strides towards living their lives without the need for more intensive care.
If you feel that you, your child, a friend, or loved one could benefit from Partial Hospitalization Day Treatment, contact the admissions staff at MeadowWood Behavioral Health System for more information and to learn more about this advantageous program.